I’d like to start sharing my reading list here. On the last day of every month, I’ll post a wrap up. Feel free to share yours; let’s talk books!
I read a lot of poetry this month. Which means I also wrote a lot of poetry. If I keep up this pace, I’ll definitely be able to put together a chapbook by the end of the year.
This month, I read nine books for a total of 1,950 pages. In total, I’ve read 40 books this year–67% of my personal goal! This will be the first year I read 60+ books. I’m determined to be successful.
- War of the Foxes by Richard Siken
- Piranesi by Susanna Clarke
- Autopsy by Donte Collins
- Three Sisters, Three Queens by Philippa Gregory
- Midnight Blue by Simone Van Der Vlugt
- Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
- This is the Fire by Don Lemon
- Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn
- Swan by Mary Oliver
Of these nine books, I enjoyed Piranesi the most. It’s such a weird little book! I loved it and wish I could visit that world. I least enjoyed Swan, which is odd, because I usually love Mary Oliver’s poetry. This collection just didn’t do it for me, though. Oh well; can’t enjoy ’em all!
What about you? Was it a good reading month for you? What book did you enjoy the most? The least?